Bosch SDS Rotary Hammer - Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch

Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer

The Bosch 11239VS 7.2 amp hammer includes a variable-speed 0 to at least one,050 rpm motor with 0 to 4,000 beats each minute. Lightweight of them costing only 7.8 pounds, this compact hammer includes a padded handle for vibration absorption, a three-finger switch, and a large mode-selector switch that alternates between hammer drilling and rotation-only when needed. The hammer also features a one-touch depth gauge for easy depth settings. Includes 360-degree handle, depth gauge, an incident.
Bosch SDS Rotary Hammer
Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer


Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Features

  • SDS-Plus bit system offers tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection, and maximum impact-energy transfer rate
  • Variable-speed 3-finger trigger delivers better operator control and accurate bit starting
  • 2 modes of operation: rotation-only and rotary hammer mode
  • Innovative service modules are designed so a professional service technician can quickly replace the brushes and cord
  • Padded rear handle absorbs shock for operator comfort
  • 360-degree auxiliary handle with built-in depth gauge delivers wide range of movement, together with consistent drilling depth
  • Integral clutch helps minimize torque reaction
  • Double-insulated, UL-listed, complies to OSHA
Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Specifications


  • Rating: 120 volts AC
  • Amps: 7.2 amps
  • No-load speed: 0 to 1,050 rpm
  • No-load beats per minute: 0 to 4,000 bpm
  • Impact energy: 2.4 ft./lbs.
  • Max hole diameter in concrete: 1 inch
  • Max hole diameter in concrete (thin-wall core bit): 3 inches
  • Max hole diameter in wood: 1 inch
  • Optimal concrete capacity range: 3/16 to 3/4 inch
  • Length: 12.9 inches
  • Weight: 7.8 lbs.
  • Includes
  • Auxiliary handle
  • Depth gauge
  • Travel case
Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Warranty
This Bosch saw has a one-year limited warranty in the date of purchase.


Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Product Specifications
Part Number: 11239VS
Power Source: corded-electric
Item Package Quantity: 1

Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Technical Details

  • SDS-plus bit system for tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection and maximum impact energy transfer rate
  • Variable-speed 3-finger trigger for better operator control and accurate bit starting
  • Dual mode selector: rotation-only or rotary-hammer mode
  • Innovative service modules designed so a professional service technician can quickly replace the brushes and cord
  • Padded rear handle absorbs shock for operator comfort
    Best Available Offer:


Bosch 11239VS 1-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Reviews: 


Amazingly reliable!
By Jim Hinkle
I have used this type of Bosch rotary hammer for 25 years. I purchased it to be used during my gold mine in early 1990s and contains never let me down. I personally use it extensively for both drilling and chipping and also have never done anything to maintain it other than lube the shank of the bit. The truth is covered in dried on mud and dirt but still operates like it was new. 

I had been surprised to see some reviews mention the hammer isn't that ideal for chipping! It has had the slop within the chuck people are referring to since it was new. There is no way this is a problem whether it has operated that way for 25 years.

okay for drilling
By ty cook (Garden City, Ks)
I'm a contractor who utilizes a rotary hammer a few hours each week. I bought the Bosch 1 1/8 inch sdsplus rotohammer about 3 weeks ago, following a reconditioned and used milwaukee unit stopped hammering (after about three weeks). I had been pretty happy, in the beginning. 
Last week, I checked out some of the reviews on here, and grew worried about the chuck loosening up. Affirmed, after i checked it, it moved about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch having a 12 inch bit. I took it back.
B.T.W., I contacted Bosch, plus they basically asserted SDS-Plus hammers aren't created for much chipping. I actually do chip alot, and so i am likely to take thier suggestion and get an SDS-Max hammer. I may still get a Bosch. 
If you are planning on buying this hammer for drilling, it is usually an excellent tool (and the case is very well-organized). If you are considering doing any chipping besides some very light chipping, I would recommend getting an SDS-Max or spline drive. You may be disappointed in a SDS-Plus hammer.

Nice and easy
By John (USA)
I borrowed it to dril 12 holes in concrete for anchoring. 6-inch deep and 3/4-inch across. I finished the job in less then 20 minutes. Acctually drilling time was just about 10 minutes. So smooth and simple to use.

This is when "hammer drills" start
By bernard palys (manchester, nh Usa)
If you're done drilling 3/8" tapcons and need to drill a real hole in concrete you have to put the cordless down. I did lots of checking before I purchased a hammer drill because I wasnt experienced with these drills. I expanded my work to include exterior foundation work. You'll need a quality hammer drill for the job right. This Bosch SDS rotary is perfect for drilling those 1" holes in concrete or brick,or chiseling out brick. If you are not going to be drilling 2" holes using your foundation,you dont need anymore drill than this.Anything small compared to this can be a waste. This Bosch is a work horse and it is still easy on the hands.

Easily
By A Customer
I bought the Bosch 11236VS Rotary Hammer after I had almost knocked my self out using my Makita rotary hammer to drill 3/4 inch holes inside a wall made from pavers. The Bosch, in contrast, is increadibly smooth, fast, and simple to use. It drills through concrete, pavers, and ceramics much faster with much less wear tear on the operator. If you're likely to need a lot of 1/4 inch to 1-1/8 inch diameters holes in concrete this is actually the best tool I have found to do the job.

Safety factors are Job One
By A Customer
I made use of this drill yesterday to drill some 5/8-inch holes in hard concrete. It worked fast and very smooth. Then it hit something, probably a re-bar, the drill stopped turning even before I knew it. I wish all tools have a safety clutch like this.
The variable speed control is the best I've ever used. You can actually start the drill from 0, 1, 2, 3...RPMs.

Great ROTO!
By "dbantonius" (Aptos, CA Usa)
I shopped around for a long time to find the right Roto-hammer for my residential construction business, and that i must say, "This is a GREAT TOOL." It's perfect if you're mainly drilling holes that are anywhere from 3/8"-3/4", and without a doubt...it does it effortlessly! The manual does tell let it "break-in" a little before it gains maximum power, and that i did find this to be real. Ultimately it can drill holes in concrete very quickly whatsoever, and thanks to the SDS, with Hardly any vibration. The ideal choice for anyone that wants quality and a good price.

Ideal for chipping brick
With a Customer
I just completed stripping approximately 5,000 brick off the house (we're rebricking). I looked into renting something with this job and that i realized I possibly could justify the purchase of my very own tool for the work load I needed to do. As I wanted a tool that could be used for a lot more than chipping/stripping brick, I began to lean toward the "combination" rotary hammers. I had a tough time finding any mention of the their use for stripping brick. After much research, I settled on the Bosch 112326VS mainly because the SDS+ tools have been in the center of the dimensions range (SDS MAX are larger) plus the price was acceptable. I chose the 11236VS within the 11224VSR (7/8" SDS+) due to the fact I hoped that the slightly bigger tool will be a benefit in chipping. So I'm here to state that I had very good success using the Bosch 11236VS for this function. Incidently, I made use of the 1-1/2" chisel (also by Bosch) which still has lots of life left.

A solid performer in granite
By LBBC
My predominant utilization of this rotary hammer is for splitting granite boulders on our property. This requires drilling a number of 3/4" x 4" deep holes within the granite at approx. 4" o/c across the intended split line, followed by using steel feathers and wedges. Granite is much harder than concrete, and that i discover that it does an excellent job, requiring about 3 minutes drilling time per hole. When drilling granite, finding the right pressure to use to the tool is crucial, unlike in concrete where only light pressure is required, important too is keeping the bit centred within the hole. I've probably drilled a few hundred holes, and the 11236VS is constantly on the perform smoothly and flawlessly. I keep a portable fan blowing over the hole to direct dust away from the hole and from me, also it helps you to cool the bit and tool too.

An excellent tool in an even better price!
By helix88
I've been in construction for over two decades, a previous employer had one of these simple rotary hammers and we tried on the extender often for chasing bx and electrical boxes into brick, concrete, structo-lite or block and never had a problem. We also used it to drill in to the older concrete buildings that seemed to be too hard for an ordinary hammer drill. I've always aspired to here is another for myself and currently where I'm I only have an 18vLiOn hammer drill. This Bosch will be a far better choice than a corded hammer drill since it is similar in weight but could perform a lot more tasks and just plain better at drilling. 

I read lots of posts here about folks complaining about the loose chuck, the part can wobble within the chuck but that is the nature of sds rotary hammers also it hasn't had any detrimental effects on drilling holes for anchors or tapcons.

Excellent Product
By Ameshous "Ameshous" (Southwest U.S.A.)
I got myself the Bosch rotohammer on the recommendation of the licensed contractor who had agreed to let me borrow his. Understanding the difficult task ahead, I declined, however decided to buy the same model he carries in his truck. On-line search yielded Amazon's offer and I purchased from them in a substancial savings. I have tried personally the tool as perscribed to get rid of 30 year old ceramic tile from my concrete floor and it performed beautifully. I would recommend it to anyone within the trades or a homeowner who wants to do the work themselves. It makes an extremely struggle very easy for just about any skill level homeowner. Best regards, Lloyd


Best Power Tools
Bosch SDS-plus Bulldog Rotary Hammer with Clic Loc - Bosch 11224VSRC 7/8-inch
Bosch SDS-plus Rotary Hammer - Bosch 11250VSR 6 Amp 3/4-Inch
Bosch SDS Rotary Hammer Kit - Bosch RH328VCQ 1-1/8-Inch
Bosch SDS-plus Pistol-Grip Rotary Hammer - Bosch 11253VSR BULLDOG Xtreme 1-Inch