Bosch SDS-Max Demolition Hammer - Bosch 11316EVS

Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer

Toolhounds be aware of saying regarding something that does only one job, but will it immaterial else can. That’s certainly the situation with this particular demolition hammer from Bosch. It may not be versatile, however it absolutely does its job.
Demolition Hammer
Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer

This model is a favorite because it’s so user-friendly, weighing in at under 23 pounds and about as numerous inches long - practically diminutive next to its competition. Its power, however, is not very in accordance with its size, offering a variety of impact energy from 4.4 to 18.4 ft./lbs. and up to 1,890 blows each minute, reducing tough concrete to dust.

Area of the great thing about this hammer is that it actually doesn’t want you to do the job for this; we found that exerting force onto it actually slows you down. Instead, firm, steady pressure got us the best results. We particularly such as the style of this hammer; rather than the traditional linear approach, Bosch built it more like a pistol, which may (or may not, we’re not rocket scientists) participate why so very little vibration is felt. The trunk handle is generously padded, and the auxiliary handle rotates 360 degrees so you can set it wherever you need it. Another sign in the ergonomics column originates from the electronic feedback system and the soft start it offers, keeping torque to a minimum.

Bit changes are easily using the SDS-max system. Just twist the bit and push it in until it locks into place automatically, and you’re ready to work. The vario-lock is an ingenious feature that lets you position your spade or gouge at exactly the attitude you'll need. While in the vario-lock setting, you simply rotate the locking sleeve to 1 of 12 positions at 30-degree increments, and an easy twist of the locking sleeve secures the bit in place.

The variable speed dial enables you to choose from six speed settings, appropriate for chipping everything from plaster build up to concrete, and also the circuitry could keep your set impact rate constant between no-load and load conditions.

It’s a good investment, to be certain, but it will pay you in spades.--Kris Jensen-Van Heste

What’s within the Box
Hammer, auxiliary handle, carrying case

Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer Product Specifications
Part Number: 11316EVS
Power Source: corded-electric
Item Package Quantity: 1
Batteries Included?: No
Item Dimensions
Weight: 22.5 Pounds


Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer Technical Details
  • SDS-max bit system - tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection and maximum impact energy transfer rate
  • Variable-speed dial - for controlled chipping applications
  • Constant Response Circuitry - - Provides soft-start - Maintains constant speed under load - Provides overload protection
  • Service Minder light - indicates when preventative maintenance is needed
  • Vario-Lock positioning - rotates and locks chisel into 12 different positions to optimize working angle
    Best Available Offer: 

Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer Review: 

Quality makes all the Difference! Top quality = Bosch!
By Clay Caldwell (Boise, ID)
I am trilled with this particular hammers performance. without doubt Bosch is the Best!! Bosch craftmanship is superior, no complaints what so ever. I recommend

Light & Hard Hitting
By Frank Chordas (Berkeley, CA United States)
I'm no stranger to midweight electric demolition hammers. I have owned Bosch hammers within this class and I used dozens of rentals, mainly Kango. I can not rate it from the competition brands such as Makita or Hitachi because I have not used them,but I will easily notice why I love this hammer.

It's light and compact; seeing the situation you wouldn't think that it was a demolition hammer. I stress that it's smaller and lighter than other hammers of similar capability that I used. By smaller I am I am talking about shorter by several inches. Desipte its weight and size it hits hard and I am judging this by extensive experience with hammers in this class. 

SDS max demolition hammer bits are becoming easy to find in retail hardware and lumber yards and this can mean a lot if you break a point off early in the day on the critical job. 

It's not necessary to turn the tool off when you're not engaging the tool into the work, a minimum of , there is no reference to this within the manual and it doesn't have the conventional trigger switch. In the past I've discovered the switches often wore out due to the constant on off required to prevent harm to the hammering mechanism. Now I just let it rest running when lifting the tool to a new position, or perhaps in the case of clay spade digging, rocking the tool to break up compacted soil.

I wish I possibly could state that it's long lasting and rugged however i have only put a few hours of use onto it; to date so good. At least I'm able to say that the feel of it inspires my confidence that it will be considered a performer over time and my experience with Bosch tools in other catagories has been good. 

To sum everything up, smaller and lighter means less problem and work for me. Hard hitting means good production and more money for me personally. SDS tool availibility means I can get new bits easily when I need them.

builder/remodeler
By HAL HENDRIX (LOS GATOS, CA USA)

I just got this one and that i love it. Very, very good power to weight ratio. Punches thru 4 inch slabs easily. If you have to do this type of work, it is really an impressive tool. It took a little longer going thru a 6 inch stem wall, but much less toll on the body and ears than using a 90 lb pneumatic jack in a horizontal position. If you need to do some demo work under the house, this is actually the only way to go. It can take apart brick work easily. The shovel attachment goes thru hard soil like it's warm butter. I used the earlier verision that belonged to some friend and today I wonder why I waited so long to get that one. It arrives with a plastic case which is OK, but I would have much prefferd metallic case for this brute.

Skeptical
By "davehart1"
After i ordered the demolition hammer I figured I was ordering the much larger and powerful "brute breaker" demo hammer. I was very upset and considered sending the tool back but the tool was half the buying price of the brute breaker hammer and I thought I'd try it out. It has shown to be all I ever required for the jobs I have around home. I've broken up 4" concrete with ease. Dug 16" deep footers and 30" deep fence post holes in minutes vice hours. The main reason I purchased it had been for that ground around my house because it is mostly "hardpan" clay that's nearly impossible to dig in with normal hand tools. This demo hammer is the right tool for me and, unless you need to tear out something tougher than 4" thick concrete, it may be the rear and money saving tool for you personally too.

Wish I'd have purchased it sooner
By DIY'er (OC, CA)
As a DIY'er, I was reluctant to spend this sort of money for something that I had been just likely to use for home improvement projects. However, following a year of struggling with trying to dig during my rock-hard clay soil, I finally gave in. I haven't been disappointed! 

As this is the only demo-hammer I've used, I really can't compare it to anything else, but I'm very happy with the tool's performance and quality. Using this beast is a touch bit of a workout, but I'm certain it's much easier than trying to handle a full sized jack - particularly if you have any horizontal hammering to do. So far I've used it to dig out a great sized footer for any retaining wall, trench for drainage/irrigation lines, demolish a BBQ island constructed from concrete block, and bust out a little area of 4" concrete sidewalk. What a timesaver!

rob in Marathon
By Robert M. Quill (Atlanta, Georgia United States)
I rented a copy of the tool locally--it was brand new--I guess the majority of the entire stock from the tool rental store was destroyed this past year during Hurricane Wilma. I wanted to ascertain if it might work nicely busting out a second floor tub/pool that a previous owner had in the house. The tub/pool was on second floor but hung down into the very first floor kitchen. The bathtub was 12 inch thick, overly/excessively reinforced with with 5/8 inch rebar throughout. The tub was 4 feet wide, 8 feet long, & 4 1/2 feet deep. The tool was working so well, that after one-day rental, I made a decision to buy one on Amazon to complete the project at my leisure. With a friend's help, we knoocked it in 2 days & I possibly could not have tried it without it demolition hammer . . . EASY to use & hold but POWERFUL. I thought I'd sell the tool at about 1/2 of the items I paid on Amazon once i was finished, BUT, I loved this tool so much I'm keeping it in my tool collection. This Bosch powerhouse is a keeper. Oh boy, if perhaps I had the exact same thing years back . .. It features a great case & simple to take out, load a chisel & you're off. And it has an excellent long, heavy duty cord built in so even if you need an extension cord, you've lots of cord to keep it wild of your working area. I love, really love this tool, & obviously, it lives up to the Bosch high-quality reputation. Oh, also got this on a 10% Amazon discount with free freight . . . worth each and every cent . . . It is idiot proof.

Best tool I have ever owned
By Peter Friend (Los Angeles, CA USA)
I have owned this hammer for several years now. I originally purchased because I needed to correct my early foundations, and it was extremely difficult to dig through the heavy clay and sandstone that the house is made on. It combined with clay spade made digging the holes and trenches I desired possible. It's small size relative to other brands made it much easier to make use of. I also own the larger yellow breaker hammer for that big concrete breakup jobs, however i still often wind up grabbing that one. It might take longer, however the light weight makes it much easier to make use of, particularly when you are trying to break into something in an angle. A chance to rotate the part is also extremely useful when digging holes with the clay spade.

Perfect demolition tool for non-vertical work
By Tool Connoisseur (APO, AE Usa)
I've used this tool for 9 months now and absolutely love it. It's one quality tool and built to work and last. I've tried on the extender to demolish a block wall, and break up cement sidewalk and stairs. It works ideal for any job where you have to move the hammer around a lot because the weight doesn't fatigue the arms as heavier tools would yet still it packs a wallup. It only hammers when there is pressure about the tip, which is nice. The only real challenge was thick high-strength sidewalk (about 7 inches thick - don't ask me why) - it did it, just took some time. It's a little short for pure vertical work if you don't get a longer chisel - or else you are uncomfortably bent on the bit. I find myself working on my knees a great deal with it (my chisel has got pretty short now - time for a brand new one). But it is perfect for breaking through walls and close-quarter work. I can not over-emphasize how important it is it's a light-weight hammer for lifting/horizontal work. 

Plenty of power
By paul (EL DORADO HILLS, US, Canada)
I bought this used off of craigslist for $200. It had some wear. I've tried on the extender quite a bit in the last Four years. Mostly to dig holes for fence posts. I'd some concrete I'd to demo for a gate which was busted. This puppy ate right through the old concrete. We recently obtained a second home and I have been landscaping it and replacing 200ft of fence. I've got the spade bit also it makes a huge difference in how quickly I can dig holes. Worth the money, but I'd watch out for it utilized on Craigslist since they are so durable.

There is no comparison, great demo hammer!
By Keith T. Strang "The world is real, try to re...
My Dad's business has used this hammer for a long time (10+) and there really isn't other things available that even compares to it. We focus on refractory (high temp insulating concrete) on commercial and industrial boilers and this hammer enables you to enter the smaller spaces and perform some serious destruction on the tear out. I bought one on amazon after the first one the organization had finally kicked the bucket. I wouldn't doubt whether it had over a thousand hours onto it. The brand new one we simply bought already has about 20 hours onto it in two days, and ran flawlessly. I know it has an overheat sensor to prevent damage, but I've never seen one overheat. 

This can be a useful gizmo that just reeks with quality and that i hope Bosch is constantly on the alllow for years to come.

excellent I-lost-my-key tool
By Travisji Corcoran "anarcho-capitalist" (Arlington, MA USA)
A door at the office got locked the other day. 

...and we do not have a key for it. 

A buddy arrived, wanting to check out his lockpick tools, because that is what all the hip kids at Defcon do nowadays. 

That took 45 minutes and didn't get the door open. 

A valiant attempt, and I appreciate the willingness to help out. 

Today I went at work, along with my Bosch electric rotary demolition hammer. 

The chisel tip bit deformed the face from the secure about 10 seconds, after which strange sounds started being released...right before bezel deformed an popped off, the barrel from the lock sunk in to the door one half inch and rotated 90 degrees, and also the door popped open. 

From inside, I backed out three screws, slapped the lock barrel with a hammer, and picked up the pieces started. 

The lock barrel was almost too hot to touch in the high speed abuse it had taken. 

Advantage: brute force, by 44 minutes and 42 seconds. 

I've also cut holes through cinderblock and concrete slabs with this particular tool.